Even though the Isle of Man is a British dependency, it is not actually within the UK’s jurisdiction. Further, the Isle of Man is self governing and not bound by the laws of the UK. This very independence in respect of its laws empowers the Isle of Man in offering extremely attractive advantages to local residents, individuals and companies from abroad.
Some of the many benefits of establishing your Online Gaming Business in Isle of Man are:
- Simple application process
The Island’s business friendly regulatory framework provides a pragmatic licensing regime that seeks to protect the consumer and aid business growth.
One type of license covering all activities.
Support throughout the application process.
Peripheral activities such as marketing, software, skill games and disaster recovery can be hosted or carried out without any need for an Online Gambling Regulation Act 2001 (OGRA) license.
- Financially attractive – The Island has a competitive and simple tax strategy. It is also ideally situated as a jurisdiction to provide companies with the support required to list on the UK main stock market or AIM.
Every country has different rules; the Isle of Man recognizes this and provides a single license solution with low levels of duty between 1.5% and 0.1% on Gross Gaming Yield – not turnover.
The current Corporate tax on gaming companies is 0%.
No capital gains tax or inheritance tax.
Highly attractive personal tax rates with high personal tax allowances.
Income tax payable per year capped at £120,000 for individuals.
Simple and competitive tax regime with top personal tax rate of 20%.
Generous grant assistance.
Low cost, legal solution to protection of player funds.
- World-Class Infrastructure – The Isle of Man has an advanced telecommunications infrastructure. The Isle of Man has frequently been used as a test bed for emerging technologies.
- Diverse economy
AA1 sovereign credit rating from Moody’s. AA+ rating from Standard & Poors.
Over 25 years of consecutive growth.
- Stable and responsive Government
Easy access to key decision makers.
Made up of individuals not parties.
Responsible and co-operative with a long history of complying with international standards.
Required by law to budget for a surplus in respect of its annual revenue spending.
- A business friendly location
White-listed by the UK allowing Isle of Man licensees to advertise to UK market.
OECD white list and member of the World Trade Organisation.
Easily accessible from major transport hubs in the UK and Ireland.
Private and public sectors work closely together so that positive changes can be made quickly and efficiently.
Skilled workforce and environment of continuous learning for residents and employees with training and gaming specific courses available.
In 2001, the Isle of Man Government was one of the first jurisdictions in the world to introduce legislation specifically designed to benefit gambling and online gaming firms and fully protect customers. Following further recent changes, the licensing and regulatory controls are now more responsive to the needs of the gambling and online gaming industries.
The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission (GSC) was founded in 1962 and is fully independent and committed to player protection.
The GSC is available to provide guidance on the process and discussion regarding the ORGA rules at every stage of the application process. Moreover, the Department of Economic Development is authorized to manage and support Internet gambling business issues in Isle of Man.
There is also a number of online gambling regulations introduced by the Gambling Supervision Commission in order to apply for an online gambling license in the Isle of Man. The first document to study on the topic is the Online Gambling Regulation Act 2001 (OGRA) that covers all games connected with telecommunication, betting money, randomness and chance games.
Types of Isle of Man Online Gaming Licenses
The Isle of Man provides a possibility to choose from 3 types of gaming licenses:
- Full License: issued to operators willing to provide the following kinds of gambling activity: sportsbook, betting exchanges, online casino games (roulette, blackjack, slots, etc), peer-to-peer games (poker, bingo, etc), lotteries, mobile phone betting, fantasy sports. The license is issued for 5 years.
- Sub-License: issued to operators who sign contracts with technology providers having the OGRA license. Issued for 5 years.
- Network Service License: allows international gamblers to play on local servers without a new registration.
Requirements to obtain a gambling license
To obtain an online gambling license in the Isle of Man, companies must:
- be registered in the Isle of Man;
- have servers hosted in the Isle of Man;
- have at least 2 local directors as individuals;
- have at least one appointed resident Designated Official (DO);
- have all bank accounts opened on the Isle of Man;
- provide only certified games.
The Commission can help with many aspects of company administration, such as recruitment, structuring and providing on-Island Directors.
Once the Commission is satisfied and the application is fully completed, the process takes up to 14-18 weeks.
Take advantage of our more than 21 years of experience and let us help you start your business on the right foot, built on a solid and secure foundation.
Contact Us to obtain your Complete Turn-Key Isle of Man Online Gaming License Package price offer today!
We value all our clients large and small, your business is important to us.